Before installing Microsoft Flight Simulator, install the US English Language Pack installed for Apps & Websites. If you install Microsoft Flight Simulator without this pack, the install might hang.
- Select the Start button, then select Settings > Time & Language
- Go to Speech > Manage Voice
- Click on + Add voices
- In the search bar type "English"
- Install the English (United States) Language Pack
To install Microsoft Flight Simulator Microsoft Store version.
- Bring up the Microsoft Store app by clicking on the Store icon in your taskbar or pressing the WINDOW icon key on your keyboard then typing "Store" > Open
- Click on the three-dot menu in the top right corner of the screen to open the dropdown menu
- Select My Library.
- In the list, select Microsoft Flight Simulator then click Install to begin the installation process.
- (OPTIONAL) Install Digital Ownership (Note: Skip this step if Digital Ownership doesn't appear in your library, not all version comes with this entitlement)
- Once the app is installed, click on Launch to launch Microsoft Flight Simulator.
- Sign in to Microsoft Flight Simulator with the Microsoft Account (Xbox Live account) used to purchase the game. See our knowledge base article for details: Gamertag & Microsoft Account FAQ
- On the "Welcome, set your experience" screen, using the checkboxes, select the content you want to download and install.
- Click Update to start downloading the packages.
- If it's your first installation customize your experience by setting up your Graphics Settings, Services, Control settings and Assistance and click Next.
NOTE: To install the packages at the location of your choice, see All versions - Can I choose or change the installation path? (Install on the D: drive instead of the C: drive for instance)