NOTE ABOUT MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
Microsoft Flight Simulator is developed for Windows 10 Version 1909 or higher. To find out what version is installed on your PC, type "About" in the windows search bar and open the "About your PC" menu. Alternatively, go to Settings > System > About.
If your version of Windows is inferior to 1909, you'll need to upgrade to the newest version to install Microsoft Flight Simulator.
Please go through the following checklist if you cannot install or update Microsoft Flight Simulator.
STEP 1. INSTALL PENDING UPDATES
- Click on Start (the Windows icon in the bottom left-hand side corner of your screen)
- Select Settings
- Stay on Windows UpdateGo to Update & Security
- Click the Check for Updates button.
- Wait until the verification is done
STEP 2. INSTALL STORE UPDATES AND SIGN OUT
- Open the Microsoft Store app on your computer.
- In the bottom left corner of the Microsoft Store, click on the library icon
- In the top left corner click Get Updates then Update all and wait for the updates to install.
- Once the updates are installed, click on your profile icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- Under your email address, click on Sign out.
STEP 3. SYNCHRONIZE TIME SETTINGS
- Go back to Start, then select Settings > Time & Language.
- Select Date & Time and toggle the “Set time automatically setting" and “Set time zone automatically” to ON.
- Click on Synchronize your clock to synchronize your system's clock with an Internet time server.
- Then click Region, double-check that your country or region is correctly set up (for example if you live in Canada, make sure that the region isn’t automatically set to the USA or vice-versa)
STEP 4. REBOOT THE COMPUTER
Please do not skip this step, as it is to ensure all changes are correctly applied.
STEP 5. SIGN IN TO THE MICROSOFT STORE APP
- Open the Microsoft Store app.
- Click on the icon in the top right corner, then click on Sign in.
- Sign in with the Microsoft account used to purchase Microsoft Flight Simulator.
Now that you have ensured that no essential application updates were waiting to install and that the connection to Xbox services has been restarted try to install or update Microsoft Flight Simulator again.
If the problem persists, go to Download and Installation issues (Microsoft Store) Part II - Basic Troubleshooting.