If you are experiencing slow download speed when downloading Microsoft Flight Simulator, please do the following:
- In the Windows search bar, type Command and look for ‘Command Prompt’
- In the menu select “Run as administrator”
- Enter: netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal
- Press enter
- Reboot your computer
We also recommend doing the following:
- Close the app and restart it rather than letting it hang. Note: the download will resume from where it left off (you will not have to download from the start again)
- Avoid using WiFi when updating. Try using an ethernet cable instead.
- Turn off any security software that may be interfering (UAC, Antivirus, Firewall).
- Change the installation repository (from C: to D: for instance) or try creating a new installation folder in the drive of your choice (for instance create "MSFS" in your C: drive)
If you require further assistance with the download speed, please contact Microsoft Support.