To report a bug, select "Submit a request" and select "I want to report a small bug or a glitch" in the drop-down menu and follow the flow.
You can add screenshots, video clips, or crash logs to your ticket.
How to Capture and Share game clips
You can also upload screenshots and videos to your tickets.
To screenshot/video capture:
- PC: Screenshot ALT F1 with Nvidia / record ALT + Z or shortcut you have.
How to retrieve crash logs
This guide will take you through the steps of using the Event Viewer System Tool to export CTD (Crash to Desktop) information to submit via a Zendesk ticket when reporting an issue or bug.
Launching Event Viewer
1. Click on the Start menu
2. Type into the search bar, "Event Viewer"
3. Launch Event Viewer
4. Maximize the Event Viewer for easy viewing. Drag the columns so you can read the information shown.
Tip: Press the Windows Key + X, and choose Event Viewer for quick launch.
Finding CTD Crash Log Entries
1. On the left, expand the Windows Logs folder so you can see the sub categories; Application, Security, Setup, System, Forwarded Events.
2. The category most useful will likely be Application.
If you having system stability issues, driver issues, power management issues; the category System might be useful to you. For MSFS CTDs, look in the Application category.
3. Look on the right side at the list of log entries. You can use Find (CTRL + F) or the Actions Toolbar to find log entries. Just search for Alpha and you should find some CTD log entries (and/or other errors).
Exporting CTD Crash Log Entries
- Once you find the relevant log entries, based on time of occurrence, right-click on the log entry, and save selected events.
2. Choose a File Type, use either the .evtx or .txt file format for the MSFS developer team and save the file to send later.
You can now use this attachment to send when submitting a bug or issue via Zendesk to help our team troubleshoot. Thank you!