Here are the reasons why you may see the message "Please insert disc."
Poor Wifi signal/No internet connection
- You must be connected to the internet in order to proceed with the installation.
- Avoid using WiFi. Try using an ethernet cable instead.
Check your time and location settings:
- Select Start , then select Settings > Time & Language.
- Select Date & time to verify your time settings and select Region to check your location. These settings need to show your current location and time zone/the timezone associated with the account you made the purchase on.
Whitelist Windows Defender
If you trust a file, file type, folder, or a process that Windows Security has detected as malicious, you can stop Windows Security from alerting you or blocking the program by adding the file to the exclusions list.
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security > Virus & threat protection.
- Under Virus & threat protection settings, select Manage settings, and then under Exclusions, select Add or remove exclusions.
- Select Add an exclusion, and then select from files, folders, file types, or process. A folder exclusion will apply to all subfolders within the folder as well.
If you're still experiencing issues with the Windows Store, please go through the following guide: Windows Store troubleshooting.
Please be aware that the Microsoft Flight Simulator team has very limited access to the Store, and can only provide support in line with the steps reproduced in our Knowledge base If you require further assistance with the Microsoft Store, please contact Microsoft Support or visit Microsoft Store Help.