Here are common solutions if you are having issues with buttons not working properly or peripherals not being detected in Microsoft Flight Simulator on Steam.
|DISABLE STEAM INPUT CONFIGURATION|
This can happen if you have enabled Steam Input Devices on Steam
- In Steam, click on the Big Picture Mode button in the upper-right corner
- Click on the Library button
- Select Microsoft Flight Simulator
- Click on the Manage Game button in the left-hand column
- Click on the Controller Options button
- Click the Steam Input Per-Game dropdown box
- Select Forced Off
- Launch Microsoft Flight Simulator to confirm that your controller is recognized
|WHEN TO PLUG IN THE CONTROLLER|
Connect the peripheral before starting Microsoft Flight Simulator. Do not connect it while the sim is starting as this may lead to issues.
|DISCONNECT OTHER DEVICES|
Disconnect all other USB devices from the PC before launching the game. Some USB devices could be mistakenly detected as a controller.
|REINSTALL THE DRIVERS OF YOUR CONTROLLER|
Follow these steps to reinstall the drivers:
- Right-click the Windows start button
- Select Device Manager
- Find your controller in the device list
- Right-click the controller and select Uninstall device
- Restart the PC with the controller plugged in
- The drivers will be re-installed automatically