Here are common solutions if you are having issues with buttons not working properly or peripherals not being detected in Microsoft Flight Simulator on Steam.
DISABLE STEAM INPUT CONFIGURATION
This can happen if you have enabled Steam Input Devices on Steam
- In Steam, click on the Big Picture Mode button in the upper-right corner
- Click on the Library button
- Select Microsoft Flight Simulator
- Click on the Manage Game button in the left-hand column
- Click on the Controller Options button
- Click the Steam Input Per-Game dropdown box
- Select Forced Off
- Launch Microsoft Flight Simulator to confirm that your controller is recognized
WHEN TO PLUG IN THE CONTROLLER
Connect the peripheral before starting Microsoft Flight Simulator. Do not connect it while the sim is starting as this may lead to issues.
DISCONNECT OTHER DEVICES
Disconnect all other USB devices from the PC before launching the game. Some USB devices could be mistakenly detected as a controller.
REINSTALL THE DRIVERS OF YOUR CONTROLLER
Follow these steps to reinstall the drivers:
- Right-click the Windows start button
- Select Device Manager
- Find your controller in the device list
- Right-click the controller and select Uninstall device
- Restart the PC with the controller plugged in
- The drivers will be re-installed automatically