Please find below a list of other known issues and solutions (when available)
Aircraft can crash when landing on frozen water. You can activate the No crash mode in the dev mode menu to avoid crashes in this situation.
If you're having trouble launching or using VR, head to the forums: [Read First] VR Known Issues & Workarounds - Virtual Reality (VR) - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums
DOWNLOAD & INSTALLATION
Download Stuck on an aircraft or activity package
Step 1: Close the launcher Some community-created content can block the download of official content. If your download is stuck on a package such as "asobo_aircraft_b787_10_0.1.42.fspatch" or "asobo_bushtrip_nevada0.1.35fspatch" please do the following:
- Step 2: Go to the Community folder. By default this folder is located here:
Microsoft Store edition:
C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Community
- Step 3: Search any non-official content corresponding to the package that is stuck. For instance "b787" or "bushtrip"
- Step 3: Delete the corresponding non-official content
- Step 4: Reboot your computer
- Step 5: Relaunch the download
“Only 2 aircraft”
Installing the base sim using a different installation folder than the default folder will only download the mandatory content. To install the non-mandatory content, please do the following:
- Step 1: Go to Profile > Content Manager
- Step 2: Select the content you want to see in the sim
- Step 3: Download and install the content you selected
- Step 3: Reboot your computer
- Step 4: Launch Microsoft Flight Simulator
Also see our dedicated article: Only 2 aircraft in the hangar - How to install additional content?
Missing Deluxe or Premium deluxe content
Please be aware that you do not install the Upgrades via the Microsoft Store. Please ensure that the Premium and Deluxe content is not available and ready for download in the content manager. To do so, follow the steps outlined in this knowledge base article:
If you see the error message "(this content) does not work on this device" please ensure that you are correctly logged in to the Microsoft Store app and to the sim with the Microsoft Account used to purchase a copy of Microsoft Flight Simulator.
- For additional troubleshooting steps, see our dedicated knowledge base article: Microsoft Store error message "(this content) does not work on this device"
UI fails to refresh after you Buy & Download any item, letting the download button appear.
Xbox One Controller Rudder
- We are aware of this issue and we are actively working on it.
- We advise checking the Peripherals forums for tips and tricks.
- The Cessna Citation Longitude can be slightly below the glideslope as you get close to the airport
- Once activated, the Switch to Mach units knob won’t return to knots on the Airbus A320neo
- VNAV can overshoot the climb speed. Disconnecting the AP after take-off and re-engaging it will limit the overshoot impact
Missing or incorrect airports
- To report missing or incorrect airports please submit a bug report. Make sure to include as much information as possible.
“Always Clear skies”
- By default, your Flight Conditions are set to Clear Skies.
- Solution: To set up Live Weather Check our guide: How to set Flight Conditions to Live Weather
- Live weather fails to save properly after restarting the game