Below you will find the list of known issues as well as potential workarounds or solutions. For a more comprehensive list of bugs and feedback already tracked or under investigation, visit the forums.
- Tag: "Bug-logged" - The issue reported by the community is logged as a bug in our database. Note: Once logged, the team will be working on a fix for a future update
- Tag: "Investigating" - The team is aware of an issue and currently investigating
- Tag "Feedback-logged" - A Community Feedback is logged in our database to verify the bug. Note: If the feedback is verified as a bug, the thread’s tag will be changed to “Bug logged”
- Tag: "Need-your-help" - Unable to reproduce, need further information
- Tag "Workaround" - A workaround is available
- Tag: "Fixed-on-live" - The issue previously reported is now fixed on the current version of the SIM
- No more engine sound when switching off VR when Main device Output selection is set to "System's default Device"
- Go to Options > General Options > Sound > Main Device Output Selection and select another sound device
- Issue with navigating menus when using an Xbox controller with the Xbox Cloud Gaming version.
- Launch Microsoft Flight Simulator from your original (non-cloud) install and reset the Controller profile to “Default.” After that, exit MSFS and re-launch the Xbox Cloud Gaming version and it should function properly.
- If you do not have access to your original (non-cloud) install, you'll need to delete your cloud save. To do so, follow our guide "All versions - How to delete your cloud save."
- The sim freezes/crash when updating/downloading content via the Content Manager
- Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.
- Highlight Microsoft Flight Simulator, press the Menu button on your controller, and select Quit.
- Once you fully quit the game, press the Xbox button to open the guide and then select My games & apps > See all > Games.
- Highlight Microsoft Flight Simulator, and then press the Menu button on your controller.
- Select Manage game and add-ons > Saved data.
- Highlight Reserved space
- Press A then select Clear Reserved Space
- Launch Microsoft Flight Simulator
- Redownload the content of your choice via the Content Manager
- Downloading ~25 GB of content and entering a flight durations of 2+ hours may cause a crash or service disconnection issue
- On Xbox: press the Xbox (jewel) button on the console face once, which places the console into connected standby mode. Then, press it again to wake it back up.
- The Microsoft Store doesn't have the mandatory update
- Install the Xbox App. For instructions, see Microsoft Store - Download and Installation issues, Part II - Basic Troubleshooting
- We have received reports that with Sim Update V, crashes may occur if you have FlyByWire's A32NX free mod installed from the Marketplace. While we work with FlyByWire to get this updated, we have de-listed this item.
- If you currently own the mod and are experiencing CTDs, please do the following: Go to your Profile > Content Manager > Search for FlyByWire's A32NX in the search bar. Once found, click it and press 'Delete' to uninstall it. It will now show up as Uninstalled in your Content Manager.
- Screens go black when flying: There are multiple root causes being investigated, but one issue is related to battery drain. The starter is always ON even after the engine having been started, continuously draining the battery. After some time, the systems shutdown.
- Flip the ENG switches off prior to starting a flight. This only applies to the piston aircraft (e.g. C172, DA40).
- Unbind the "Set Starter" from the ENG 1 switch
- Unplug the TCA Airbus Quadrant
- Unable to navigate through some of the menus due to freezing or the cursor jumps around and does not interact with menu elements.
- Stop or pause any downloading content, restarting the game, connecting a USB mouse, and even opening the Xbox Guide and closing it again
- User can get stuck in the Freelook view and be unable to bring the cursor back up
- Restart the flight, this will set the Cockpit Camera Type back to Fixed Look.
- Use a mouse and press the scroll wheel in, this will change Camera Type back to Fixed Look.
- Go to Options > General > Camera > Cockpit Camera > Toggle Home cockpit mode "OFF".
- Mouse Stops Interacting with the Virtual Cockpit.
- Open/Close windows such as Little NavMap
- Right-Click to focus on the sim again
- Textures in Free Flight do not properly render nearing both the North and South Poles
- Select another location for Free Flight
- User will not be able to launch a saved flight plan using a deleted aircraft. The FLY button in the loading screen will be disabled with no messaging.
- Re-install missing aircraft used in saved flight plan
- Create new flight plan with valid aircraft installed
- The following bugs apply to the Retrofit Variant only:
- The Radio Compass does not point to an NBD station when it has a bearing between 180-359 degrees.
- The HSI does not behave correctly. The compass card does not rotate when the aircraft turns, and the course knob does not rotate the CDI needle. For heading indications, please use the copilot’s Heading Indicator.
- All variants: The Fokker fuel burn rate is being adjusted. At present it has great range and endurance.
- Fokker History Flights: Please be aware that the aircraft’s electrical system needs to be shut down to complete a leg. To turn off the electric system in the classic variants, use "SHIFT+M."