- Close Microsoft Flight Simulator
- Add Funds to your Steam Wallet
- Launch Microsoft Flight Simulator
- Go to the Marketplace, and purchase your content with the Wallet Balance.
|ENABLE STEAM OVERLAY|
If you receive the message "Purchase pending" on Steam after clicking purchase in the Marketplace, turn the Steam Overlay ON. Please also ensure that Steam Overlay is enabled in both the Steam setting and the game's properties and that the default shortcut keys do not conflict with in-game keybindings.
1. Open your Steam client.
2. In the top left corner of the screen, click on "Steam"
3. Select Settings
4. Click on the In-Game tab
5. Check “ Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game. ”
6. From there you can also change the Overlay shortcut keys.
7. Go to Library and right-click on Microsoft Flight Simulator.
8. Select Properties
9. Check “Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game”
|RUN STEAM.EXE AND STEAMOVERLAYUI.EXE AS ADMINISTRATOR|
If you receive the error message "Purchase failed" upon clicking on the Buy button or the Buy & Download button or if turning the Overlay on didn't help, please do the following:
1. Close Steam
2. Navigate to the Steam installation folder. By default, Steam is installed at the following location:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam
3. Right-click on steam.exe
4. Click on Properties
5. Open the Compatibility tab, check the box "Run this program as an administrator" and click Apply to save the changes.
Do the same thing for GameOverlayUI.exe
1. Right-click on GameOverlayUI.exe
2. Select Properties
3. Go to the Compatibility tab, check the box "Run this program as an administrator" and click Apply.
The Steam Overlay should now open correctly in-game.
|REINSTALL STEAM CLIENT|
If the Steam Overlay still doesn't work after following the steps above, go to Steam Community Overlay
or contact Steam Support for further assistance with the Steam Overlay.