HOW TO REPAIR THE INSTALLATION - VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES
- Launch Steam
- From the Library section, right-click on Microsoft Flight Simulator and select Properties
- Select the Local files tab then click the Verify integrity of game files... button.
4. Steam will scan the installation and download missing files or remove outdated or corrupted files - this process may take several minutes.
Warning: By default, the launcher and the Core Content Packages are installed at the following location.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator
If during the Packages installation process you have selected the following folder as the Packages Installation folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\Packages
The Packages will be wiped out and you will need to redownload the Packages the next time you launch Microsoft Flight Simulator. See also: Why am I redownloading all the packages after each update?
HOW TO UNINSTALL MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR
- Right-click on Microsoft Flight Simulator then select Manage and click on Uninstall Game
- Click on Uninstall to confirm your choice
Warning: Once uninstalled, make sure that all the packages (including Community packages) are deleted. The default package installation location is:
C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages
If you have installed the packages in a custom folder, search for that folder instead. Move any leftover files or folders to the Recycle Bin.
DO A CLEAN INSTALL OF MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR
To reinstall the sim, open your Steam library, search for Microsoft Flight Simulator and click "Install"