Installing the base sim using a different installation folder than the default folder will only download the mandatory content by default. To install the non-mandatory content (Deluxe and Premium Deluxe upgrades for instance), please do the following:
- Step 1: Go to Profile > Content Manager
- Step 2: Go to Not Installed and Select the content you want to download and use in the sim
- Step 3: Click on Download selected to install the content you selected
- Step 4: Wait for the download to finish.
Case 1 - "I touched nothing but the Content disappeared."
If the additional content is already installed but you suddenly notice that:
- Some (or all) aircraft are missing, aside from two
- The marketplace is greyed out
- Online services are unavailable
Step 1. Connect your computer to the internet. An internet connection is required to authenticate your content and access Online Services.
Step 2. Sign out and sign back in again to refresh the connection to your Xbox Live account.
- Launch Microsoft Flight Simulator
- Click your gamertag (username) in the top right corner of the main menu
- Click "Sign out"
- Close Microsoft Flight Simulator
- Relaunch Microsoft Flight Simulator
- Sign in with the Microsoft account (Xbox live account) used to purchase Microsoft Flight Simulator.
Step 3. Turn Online Functionality ON or Restart Online Functionality.
Note: If online functionality automatically turned off because you have reached your Data limit cap you might need to reset, increase or remove the data cap.
- Go to Options > General > Data
- Toggle Online Functionality ON
- Click on Apply & Save
Step 4. Double-check that Digital Ownership is correctly installed and up-to-date
Note: This only applies to copies of Microsoft Flight Simulator that come with an entitlement for Digital Ownership.
- If Digital Ownership is already installed:
- In the top right-hand side corner of the Microsoft Store app, click on the Arrow icon or the three-dot menu
- Go to Downloads and updates
- Then click "Get updates"
- If the store finds an update for Digital Ownership, install the update.
- If Digital Ownership is not installed yet, click the "Install" button.
Case 2 - "There are only two packages in the content manager"
If only 2 packages appear in the content manager and your packages are located in a drive different from the installation path chosen during the onboarding you will need to move them back or edit the installation path in-game to point to the correct folder.
The first time you set up the game you chose the installation path. This is the folder that the launcher is scanning every time there is an update. If the launcher finds that this folder is empty or missing (does not exist anymore), it will re-download the missing packages.
By default, you'll find the UserCfg.opt at the following location:
MICROSOFT STORE VERSION:
C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator
Open the UserCFG.opt file with Notepad, scroll down to the bottom of the page, and update OR delete the "InstalledPackagesPath line."
By default that line looks like this:
MICROSOFT STORE VERSION:
InstalledPackagesPath "C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages"
If you update the line yourself, simply copy-paste the correct installation path. For example:
InstalledPackagesPath "D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator"
If you delete the line, you'll be asked to choose the installation path the next time you launch the game. Make sure to select the folder where your packages are already installed.