Installing the base sim using a different installation folder than the default folder will only download the mandatory content by default. To install the non-mandatory content (Deluxe and Premium Deluxe upgrades for instance), please do the following:
- Step 1: Go to Profile > Content Manager
- Step 2: Go to Not Installed and Select the content you want to download and use in the sim
- Step 3: Click on Download selected to install the content you selected
- Step 4: Wait for the download to finish.
Case 1 - "I touched nothing but the Content disappeared."
If the additional content is already installed but you suddenly notice that:
- Some (or all) aircraft are missing, aside from two
- The marketplace is greyed out
- Online services are unavailable
1. Connect your computer to the internet. An internet connection is required to authenticate your content and access Online Services.
2. Sign out and sign back in again to refresh the connection to your Xbox Live account.
- Click on your gamertag in the top right corner of the screen
- Click Sign out
- Close Microsoft Flight Simulator and wait a few moments
- Launch Microsoft Flight Simulator again, and Sign in
3. Restart Online Functionality.
- Launch Microsoft Flight Simulator
- Go to Options > General > Data
- Toggle Online Functionality OFF
- Click on Apply & Save
- Toggle Online Functionality ON
- Click on Apply & Save
Note: If online functionality is automatically turned off because you have reached your Data limit cap you might need to reset, increase or remove the data cap.
4. Double-check that Digital Ownership is correctly installed and up-to-date
Note: This only applies to copies of Microsoft Flight Simulator that come with an entitlement for Digital Ownership.
- If Digital Ownership is already installed:
- In the top right-hand side corner of the Microsoft Store app, click on the Arrow icon or the three-dot menu
- Go to Downloads and updates
- Then click "Get updates"
- If the store finds an update for Digital Ownership, install the update.
- If Digital Ownership is not installed yet, click the "Install" button.
Case 2 - "There are only two packages in the content manager"
Update your UserCg file.
By default, you'll find the UserCfg.opt at the following location:
Microsoft store version
C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator
- Find the folder where your Official and Community packages are installed (for example D:\MSFS)
- Close Microsoft Flight Simulator
- Navigate to your UserCfg.opt file
- Open the UserCFG.opt file with Notepad
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and delete the last line (for instance:)
- Copy-paste the path to the folder where your packages are installed OR Launch Microsoft Flight Simulator. You'll be prompted to choose the installation path.
- Click "Install Package Path" and select the folder where your packages are installed.