Installing the base sim using a different installation folder than the default folder will only download the mandatory content.
To install the non-mandatory content, please do the following:
- Step 1: Go to Profile > Content Manager
- Step 2: Select the content you want to use in the sim
- Step 3: Click on Download selected to install the content you selected
- Step 4: Wait for the download to finish.
- Step 3: Reboot your computer
- Step 4: Launch Microsoft Flight Simulator
If the content is already installed but you suddenly notice that some or all aircraft are missing aside from two or the marketplace is greyed out, please make sure to be connected to the internet to authenticate your content and double-check that Digital Ownership is correctly installed in the Microsoft Store app.
Additionally, sign out and sign back in again to refresh the connection to your Xbox Live account.
1) Click your username in the top right of the main menu.
2) Click "Sign out"
3) Close Microsoft Flight Simulator
4) Relaunch Microsoft Flight Simulator
3) Log back into your Xbox live account
Finally, if only 2 packages appear in the content manager and your packages are located in a drive different from the installation path chosen during the onboarding you will need to move them back or edit the installation path in-game to point to the correct folder.