When launching the sim, you are greeted with the following error message:
Access to the content server is currently unavailable. Please ensure you have an active internet connection, and try again later.
This message appears when your game entitlements are not recognized or outdated. If you're using Wi-Fi, switch to an LTE or wired connection. This will help ensure that you are on a stable internet connection.
XBOX LIVE OUTAGE
It might not be you, it might be Xbox Live. Check the Xbox Live Status for potential outages or limited access. Check the official Xbox Support Twitter for updates on network outages.
CHECK YOUR SYSTEM AND ACCOUNT SETTINGS
Before doing anything else, complete the Loading issues - Checklist.
REINSTALL GAMING SERVICES
Reinstall the Gaming Services app on your Windows 10/11 device:
- Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.
- In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:
get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers
- In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:
- Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.
- Restart your device and try to install the game again.
If you are in one of the following situations:
- The message appears despite launching the sim from the Xbox App
- The message appeared after closing an update before it was fully installed (CTD, power cut, etc...)
- The message appeared after moving the packages installation folder to a new drive
Update your UserCFG.opt file.
By default, you'll find the UserCfg.opt at the following location:
Microsoft store version
C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator
- Find the folder where your Official and Community packages are installed (for example D:\MSFS)
- Close Microsoft Flight Simulator
- Navigate to your UserCfg.opt file
- Open the UserCFG.opt file with Notepad
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and delete the last line (for instance:)
- Copy-paste the path to the folder where your packages are installed OR Launch Microsoft Flight Simulator. You'll be prompted to choose the installation path.
- Click "Install Package Path" and select the folder where your packages are installed.