XBOX LIVE OUTAGE
CHECK YOUR SYSTEM AND ACCOUNT SETTINGS
Before doing anything else, complete the Loading issues - Checklist.
REINSTALL GAMING SERVICES
Reinstall the Gaming Services app on your Windows 10/11 device:
- Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.
- In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:
get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers
- In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:
- Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.
- Restart your device and try to install the game again.
If you are in one of the following situations:
- The message appears despite launching the sim from the Xbox App
- The message appeared after closing an update before it was fully installed (CTD, power cut, etc...)
- The message appeared after moving the packages installation folder to a new drive
Update your UserCFG.opt file.
By default, you'll find the UserCfg.opt at the following location:
Microsoft store version
C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator
- Find the folder where your Official and Community packages are installed (for example D:\MSFS)
- Close Microsoft Flight Simulator
- Navigate to your UserCfg.opt file
- Open the UserCFG.opt file with Notepad
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and delete the last line (for instance:)
- Copy-paste the path to the folder where your packages are installed OR Launch Microsoft Flight Simulator. You'll be prompted to choose the installation path.
- Click "Install Package Path" and select the folder where your packages are installed.