|XBOX LIVE OUTAGE|
|RE-ENTER YOUR CREDENTIALS AND ENSURE THAT NO UPDATES ARE MISSING|
First, complete our Microsoft Store - Download & Installation issues, Part I - Checklist to ensure no essential application updates are waiting to install and that your connection to Xbox services is fully restarted.
|INSTALL THE XBOX APP|
If the problem persists after completing the Microsoft Store - Download & Installation issues, Part I - Checklist install the Xbox App to authenticate your game entitlements.
- Download and install the Xbox app for Windows 10 PC from this page
- Sign in to the Xbox app with the Microsoft account used to purchase Microsoft Flight Simulator
- Launch Microsoft Flight Simulator from the Xbox app instead of the Microsoft Store
- Sign in to Microsoft Flight Simulator with the Microsoft account used to purchase Microsoft Flight Simulator
If your game entitlements are still missing despite installing the Xbox App, you'll need to reinstall Gaming Services. See: Microsoft Store - Cannot install or update Gaming Services
If you are in one of the following situations:
- The message appears despite launching the sim from the Xbox App
- The message appeared after closing an update before it was fully installed (CTD, power cut, etc...)
- The message appeared after moving the packages installation folder to a new drive
Update the UserCFG.opt file.
1. Close Microsoft Flight Simulator
2. Navigate to the UserCfg.opt file that you can find at the following location by default:
3. Open the UserCFG.opt file with Notepad, scroll down to the bottom of the page, and delete the following line
4. Relaunch the Microsoft Flight Simulator
5. Sign in with the Microsoft account used to purchase Microsoft Flight Simulator
6. The "Set Up Your Experience" screen will appear again
7. Make sure that the installation path points to the folder where the packages are installed.