The marketplace and online services can appear grayed out when:
- The Xbox Live account used to log in to Microsoft Flight Simulator and the Microsoft Store do not match
- If you're not the owner of the copy of Microsoft Flight Simulator (Family sharing)
- Online functionality is off, or need to be restarted or you have reached your data cap
1. The Xbox Live account used to log in to Microsoft Flight Simulator and the Microsoft Store app do not match.
Make sure to sign in to both the Microsoft Store app and Microsoft Flight Simulator with the Xbox Live account that was used to purchase Microsoft Flight Simulator.
If you were already logged in with the Xbox Live account that was used to purchase Microsoft Flight Simulator. Sign out and sign back in again to refresh the connection.
For steps-by-steps instructions, see:
- How to sign out? (game)
- Download & Installation issues: Windows Store troubleshooting (Microsoft store app)
2. Family sharing
There is no license sharing on Microsoft Flight Simulator. Each user needs to download the app on their own windows profile and log in to their own Microsoft account/gamertag.
Please be aware that when using Family Sharing, the additional content and online features are only available for the account that purchased the sim.
3. Online functionality
This problem can also appear when Online Functionality is turned off or need to be refreshed or when you have reached the Data limit cap you have set up.
- Step 1: Go to Options > General > Data
- Step 2: Toggle Online Functionality ON
- Step 3: Click on Apply & Save
- Step 4: Toggle Online Functionality On
- Step 5: Click on Apply & Save
If Online Functionality appears ON already:
- Step 1: Toggle Online Functionality OFF
- Step 2: Click on Apply & Save
- Step 3: Toggle Online Functionality ON
- Step 4: Click on Apply & Save
You can increase or remove the Data cap from the same screen.