NOTE: If you have access to the Marketplace, but the "Buy and Download" button is grayed out, see: Buy & Download button is grayed out instead.
If the Marketplace is grayed out, and/or Online Services are off, please do the following:
|REFRESH YOUR CREDENTIALS|
The Xbox Live account (Microsoft account) used to log in to Microsoft Flight Simulator must match the Xbox Live account used to log in to the Microsoft Store app, and the connection must be reactivated from time to time.
Your gamertag is used to identify your account. When you purchase additional content from the Marketplace, the entitlements are automatically redeemed onto your gamertag for that platform. This is how the game knows what content to deliver to your Content Manager when you install or update Microsoft Flight Simulator. Your gamertag also unlocks your access to Online Services.
Only the account that purchased a copy of Microsoft Flight Simulator can unlock Online Services and the additional content of the Premium or Deluxe editions.
For more information about your Xbox Live account/Microsoft account, check our Knowledge base article: Gamertag & Microsoft Account FAQ
TO REFRESH THE CONNECTION, DO THE FOLLOWING:
1. Open the Microsoft Store App installed on your computer
2. Click on the icon in the top right corner of the screen. The email address in use will appear.
3. Click on the email address. A pop-up will appear.
4. Click Sign out.
5. Sign in with the email address used to purchase Microsoft Flight Simulator.
6. Launch Microsoft Flight Simulator. Your gamertag appears in the top right corner of the screen.
7. Click on Sign out, and close Microsoft Flight Simulator.
8. Launch Microsoft Flight Simulator. You will be prompted to sign in again. Beneath your gamertag, you will see the email address in-use.
NOTE: If the email address under your gamertag is different from the email address used to log in to the Microsoft Store app/purchase Microsoft Flight Simulator, click on "sign in with a different account" or "Switch accounts."
9. Sign in with the email address used to purchase Microsoft Flight Simulator.
|RESTART ONLINE FUNCTIONALITY|
You need to be online to access Online Services and authenticate your additional content. Cases where Online Functionality will cause the Marketplace and Online Services to shut off automatically:
- Online functionality is turned off— Solution: Restart Online Functionality
- The connection to Xbox (Microsoft) services needs to be refreshed— Solution: Restart Online Functionality
- The current Data Consumption is superior to the Data Limit— Solution: Turn Data Limitation OFF or Increase the Data Limit
How to restart Online Functionality
- Launch Microsoft Flight Simulator
- Go to Options > General > Data
- Toggle Online Functionality OFF
- Click on Apply & Save
- Toggle Online Functionality ON
- Click on Apply & Save
Online Services automatically shut off when you have reached the monthly data limit. If your current Data Consumption is superior to the Data Limit you have set up:
- Turn Data Limitation OFF
- Increase the Data Limit (GIB)
|NO LICENSE WHEN USING FAMILY SHARING|
There is no license sharing on Microsoft Flight Simulator. Each user needs to download the app on their own windows profile and log in to their own Microsoft account/Gamertag.
When using Family Sharing, the additional content and online features are only available for the account that purchased the sim & the additional content.