NOTE: You do not install the Upgrades via the Microsoft Store. Before following the steps below, please ensure that the additional content is not available and ready for download in the content manager. To do so, follow the steps outlined in this knowledge base article: Only 2 aircraft in the hangar - How to install additional content?
If you see the error message "(this content) does not work on this device" in the Microsoft Store AND the content doesn't appear in the content manager, you may:
- Have a version of Windows that prevents you to install the content.
- Be logged into a local offline profile that prevents you to authenticate the content.
- Appear to be offline.
Microsoft Flight Simulator is developed for Windows 10 Version 1909 or higher. To find out what version is installed on your PC, type "About" in the windows search bar and open the "About your PC" menu. Alternatively, go to Settings > System > About. If your version of Windows is inferior to 1909, make sure to upgrade to the newest version.
You'll find more information about how to upgrade your version of Windows 10, here:
|WINDOWS 10 USER PROFILE|
We also recommend logging in to your Windows Profile using the Microsoft Account used to purchase Microsoft Flight Simulator.
- Click on the start menu
- Go to Settings
- Sign in with your Microsoft Account instead of a local profile.
- Reboot your computer
|REFRESH THE CONNECTION TO XBOX SERVICES|
1. In the Windows search bar, type Store then select Open to launch the Microsoft Store App
2. Click on the icon in the top right corner of the screen. The email address in use will appear.
3. Click on the email address. A pop-up will appear.
4. Click Sign out.
6. Launch Microsoft Flight Simulator. Your gamertag appears in the top right corner of the screen.
7. Click on Sign out and close Microsoft Flight Simulator.
8. Launch Microsoft Flight Simulator. You will be prompted to sign in again.
9. Sign in with the email address used to purchase Microsoft Flight Simulator.
Note: Beneath your gamertag, you will see the email address in-use.
If the email address is different from the email address used to purchase Microsoft Flight Simulator and log in to the Microsoft Store app, click on "sign in with a different account" or "Switch accounts" and swap accounts.
10. Restart Online Functionality
- In the game, go top Options > General > Data
- Toggle Online Functionality OFF
- Click on Apply & Save
- Toggle Online Functionality ON
- Click on Apply & Save
Step 2. If Windows 10 Version 2004 is installed and you're logged in the Microsoft Store app with the account used to purchase the base sim, but you're still seeing the error message "(this content) does not work on this device, we recommend going through the solution shared on https://answers.microsoft.com/ regarding the error message "Microsoft Store - Game Does Not Work On This Device."