WMR (WINDOWS MIXED REALITY) HEADSETS
STEAM VR HEADSETS
HTC VIVE COSMOS USERS
Before using VR in Flight Simulator with an Oculus headset, the computer needs to know the location of the OpenXR runtime. Please follow the steps below to set this location in the registry:
- In the type here to search bar, next to the Start menu, type "Run" and hit Enter.
- In the Run window, type in “regedit” (without quotations) and hit Enter. This will launch the Registry Editor.
- Locate the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Khronos\OpenXR\1
- For ActiveRuntime change its value to the one that matches your platform (NOTE: default path is C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-runtime\oculus_openxr_64.json)
- Close the Registry Editor. You are now ready to enter VR with your Oculus headset.
- From your computer, open the SteamVR app
- Head to Settings
- Select Show in Advanced Settings
- Head to the Developer tab
- Set Current OpenXR runtime as "OpenXR runtime"
- Launch Microsoft Flight Simulator
- Put your headset on.
- Enter the command to switch to VR (please check your bindings for VR in the ‘VR Mode’ tab in Options > General) or click on the button in the ‘VR Mode’ tab in Options > General.
Please contact your headset manufacturer to see if they support OpenXR with Microsoft Flight Simulator.