Microsoft flight Simulator VR requires OpenXR. Please make sure you update to the latest OpenXR runtime before running the sim in VR. If you haven't installed OpenXR yet, see our dedicated article: How to install OpenXR
|"THE INITIALIZATION OF VR FAILED" ERROR MESSAGE|
- From your computer, open the SteamVR app
- Head to Settings
- Select Show in Advanced Settings
- Head to the Developer tab
- Set Current OpenXR runtime as "OpenXR runtime"
- Launch Microsoft Flight Simulator
- Put your headset on.
- Enter the command to switch to VR (please check your bindings for VR in the ‘VR Mode’ tab in Options > General) or click on the button in the ‘VR Mode’ tab in Options > General.
|BLACK STENCILS - OCULUS HEADSETS|
When seeing black stencils in your Oculus view:
Update to the latest Beta version of the Oculus software, this should solve the issue.
If that doesn’t work:
- Go to the Oculus Debug tool (Default folder should be C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics)
- Open the Oculus Debug Tool
- Turn the option “Use FOV Stencil” to Off
- Disable/enable VR in MSFS
|CRASH ON STEAM|
- Open Steam.
- Go to Steam settings > In-Game
- Uncheck the "Use Desktop Theater box when launching desktop games while SteamVr is active.
This is caused by HDR. We have a fix in the works, but for now, we recommend you deactivate HDR when playing in VR.
This is also caused by HDR. Turn off HDR on Windows and in the sim. The HDR option should be disabled in VR graphics.
|NO SOUND DURING FLIGHTS|
Please see this solution shared on the forums: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/sound-no-longer-working-during-flights-12-23-2020/339594/20
If you're having trouble launching or using VR, head to the forums: