Click OK and continue. If you're connected to Xbox Live the sim will load normally.
UPDATE GAMING SERVICES AND RE-ENTER YOUR CREDENTIALS
- Open the Microsoft Store app on your computer.
- In the bottom left corner of the Microsoft Store, click on the library icon
- In the top left corner, click "Get Updates" then "Update all" and wait for the updates to install.
- Once the updates are installed, click on your profile icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- Under your email address, click on "Sign out".
- Reboot the computer
- Open the Microsoft Store app.
- Click on the icon in the top right corner, then click on Sign in.
- Sign in with the Microsoft account you used to play Microsoft Flight Simulator.
XBOX LIVE OUTAGE
Intermittent connectivity issues with Xbox Live can cause this error.
To check Xbox Live Status, visit https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status
UNINSTALL & RE-INSTALL THE XBOX APP
- Launch Microsoft Flight Simulator and sign out
- Close Microsoft Flight Simulator
- Log out of the Microsoft Store app
- Log out of the Xbox app for Windows 10 PC(if installed)
- Log out of the Xbox Companion App (if installed)
- Uninstall the Xbox app for Windows 10 PC(if installed)
- Uninstall the Xbox Companion App(if installed)
- Reboot the computer
- Install the Xbox app for Windows 10 PC from here
- Sign in to the Microsoft Store app with the Microsoft account used to purchase Microsoft Flight Simulator
- Sign in to the Xbox app for Windows 10 PC with the Microsoft account used to purchase Microsoft Flight Simulator
- Launch Microsoft Flight Simulator from the Xbox app for Windows 10 PC instead of the Microsoft Store
- Sign in to Microsoft Flight Simulator with the Microsoft account used to purchase Microsoft Flight Simulator
SIGN IN TO WINDOWS WITH YOUR MICROSOFT ACCOUNT
If you're using a local (offline) account we recommend switching to a Microsoft account instead.
- Open Settings.
- Click on Accounts.
- Click on Your info.
- Click Sign in with a Microsoft account instead option to link the account with a Microsoft account.
- Log in with the email address you used to purchase Microsoft Flight Simulator
NOTE: If you have more than one Microsoft account and/or you purchased Microsoft Flight Simulator with a different address than your main Windows 10 account, we recommend adding a Windows 10 user profile for the account used to purchase the game. To add or remove Windows 10 user profile on your PC, follow the steps detailed in this article:
CORRUPTED WINDOWS 10 PROFILE
If refreshing the connection to Xbox Live didn't solve the issue, it means your Windows 10 user profile is corrupted.
Please follow the instructions from this article: Fix a corrupted user profile in Windows.
After creating a new Windows 10 user profile, you will be able to reinstall the game with the same Microsoft Account/gamertag.