|XBOX LIVE OUTAGE|
Intermittent connectivity issues with Xbox Live can prevent you to sign in to Microsoft Flight Simulator.
To check Xbox Live Status, click here.
If you see any alerts, wait until the service is up and running and then try again.
|TIME AND LOCATION SETTINGS|
- Select Start , then select Settings > Time & Language.
- Select Date & time
- Make sure the Set time automatically setting is turned on and click on Synchronize your clock to synchronize your system's clock with an Internet time server.
|INSTALL MISSING WINDOWS 10 & MICROSOFT STORE UPDATES|
Apps and services such as Gaming Services and the Xbox app are constantly updated. Make sure to install the latest updates every day. To avoid missing updates, we recommend turning on automatic updates in the Microsoft Store.
- Select the Start screen, then select Microsoft Store
- In Microsoft Store at the upper right, select the account menu (the three dots) and then select Settings.
- Under App updates, set Update apps automatically to On
Install Windows 10 updates
Click on Start (the Windows icon in the bottom left-hand side corner of your screen) > Select Settings > Go to Update & Security > Stay on Windows Update > Click the Check for Updates button.
Wait until the verification is done
Install Microsoft Store updates manually
In the top right-hand side corner of the Microsoft Store app, click on the Arrow icon or the three-dot menu > Downloads and updates. Then click Get updates > Update all
|INSTALL THE XBOX APP|
If you have purchased Microsoft Flight Simulator via the Microsoft Store or you redeemed the code on your Microsoft account, install the Xbox App.
- Download & Install the Xbox app from this page: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-pass/pc-games
- Reboot your computer
- Sign in to the Xbox app with the email address used to purchase the sim/redeem the code.
- Launch Microsoft Flight Simulator from the Xbox app instead of the tray or the Microsoft store.
|RESET YOUR XBOX LIVE CREDENTIALS|
- In the Windows Search Bar, type Credential Manager
- Click Open
- Select Windows Credentials
- Search for Xbl_ticket
- Click on the most recent ticket(s) to expand the menu
- Select Remove
You will be asked to sign in to Xbox Live the next time you launch the sim.
|XBOX IDENTITY PROVIDER|
Install Xbox Identity Provider, a system app that enables PC games to connect to Xbox Live.
- Go to https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9WZDNCRD1HKW
- Click on the icon in the top right corner of the screen and sign in with the email address used to purchase the sim/redeem the code
- Click Get
|CLEAR THE LOCAL XBOX IDENTITY DATA|
- In the file explorer, navigate to the following folder:
- Delete the Accounts and Cache folders
- Reboot your computer
- Launch the Xbox app
Make sure the Xbox Services are running automatically.
- In the Windows search bar, type "Services"
- Select "Services"
- Scroll down to the bottom. Double-click on each entry for Xbox and make sure none of those services are disabled or set to manual. Set everything to "Automatic".