The steps below are particularly useful if:
- If you get sent to the Store when you try to launch Microsoft Flight Simulator
- You cannot update Gaming Services
- Microsoft Flight Simulator doesn't launch from the Microsoft store or the Xbox app
RESET THE MICROSOFT STORE APP
- On your keyboard, press the “Win Logo” + “R” keys
- Type: WSReset.exe and press “Enter”
- A black window will pop up
- Wait until the pop up disappears and the Store comes up
- Reboot your computer
UNINSTALL AND REINSTALL GAMING SERVICES VIA POWERSHELL
Reinstall the Gaming Services app on your Windows 10/11 device:
- Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.
- In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:
get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers
- In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:
- Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.
- Restart your device and try to install the game again.