Sometimes when a transaction takes too long to complete you may receive a Purchase Failed error message but the system charges you.
If you were charged twice for the same purchase, please contact our support team as soon as possible. Please note that our team will not refund you ourselves but we will use the information you provide us to contact the relevant teams at Steam and Microsoft.
Your ticket must imperatively include the following information:
- The reference (name & developer) of the DLC you tried to purchase
- There are hundreds of DLCs on sale in the marketplace nowadays and some airports are developed by several companies.
- Your gamertag as it appears in the top right corner of the sim when you're playing.
- The system is case sensitive, if your gamertag is TOTO#01, we can't find it in the database if you write "toto01"
- Your Platform
- make sure to select the correct platform (Microsoft Store, Steam, Retail disc version or Xbox) when filling out the contact form, especially when you own the sim on several platforms. Troubleshooting steps may vary depending on your version of the sim.
- The Transaction IDs/ Order numbers of the original & duplicate purchases
- Steam or Microsoft cannot refund you without that information
- Screenshots (.JPEG or .PNG format) showing both charges/proof of purchase
How to submit a request
- Click on "Submit a request" in the top right corner of this page.
- In the drop-down menu "How can we help", select I have an issue with the Marketplace (Purchase is missing, the Buy & Download button is grayed out, etc...)
- Under "I'm having the following problem" select from the drop-down menu "Duplicate Charge" and fill out the contact form.
- Under "Attachments" upload a screenshot or copy (.PNG or .JPG format) of your 2 proof of purchase (Steam Wallet receipts or Microsoft Store order detail)
How to take a screenshot
Depending on your hardware, you may use the Windows Logo Key + PrtScn button.
If your device does not have the PrtScn button, you may use Fn + Windows logo key + Space Bar.
To locate your screenshots, open File Explorer from the taskbar.
On the side navigation pane, select the Pictures folder, and select Screenshots.