Please go through the following checklist if you are experiencing loading issues such as
- Being stuck on the loading screen
- Long loading times
- Being stuck on a black screen
1. INSTALL PENDING UPDATES
- Click on Start (the Windows icon in the bottom left-hand side corner of your screen)
- Select Settings
- Stay on Windows UpdateGo to Update & Security
- Click the Check for Updates button.
- Wait until the verification is done
2. INSTALL STORE UPDATES AND SIGN OUT
- Open the Microsoft Store app on your computer.
- In the Windows Search Bar, type "Store."
- Click on Microsoft Store and select "Open" in the menu
- In the top right-hand side corner of the Microsoft Store, click on the three-dot menu
- Go to Downloads and updates.
- Click Get updates then Update all and wait for the updates to install.
- Once the updates are installed, click on your profile icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- Click on your email address.
- Click on Sign out.
3. SYNCHRONIZE TIME SETTINGS
- Go back to Start, then select Settings > Time & Language.
- Select Date & Time and toggle the “Set time automatically setting" and “Set time zone automatically” to ON.
- Click on Synchronize your clock to synchronize your system's clock with an Internet time server.
- Then click Region, double-check that your country or region is correctly set up (for example if you live in Canada, make sure that the region isn’t automatically set to the USA or vice-versa)
4. REBOOT THE COMPUTER
Please do not skip this step, as it is to ensure all changes are correctly applied.
5. SIGN IN TO THE MICROSOFT STORE APP
- Open the Microsoft Store app.
- Click on the icon in the top right corner, then click on Sign in.
- Sign in with the Microsoft account used to purchase Microsoft Flight Simulator.
6. MOVE THE COMMUNITY FOLDER
- Navigate to the Community Folder that is located by default at the following location:
Microsoft Store version
AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages
Retail disc version
NOTE: If you have installed the packages on a different drive than C: you'll need to look inside your custom installation folder instead.
- Copy-cut (CTRL + X) the Community Folder
- Paste (CTRL + V) the Community Folder on your desktop or a drive of your choice
7. LAUNCH MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR AND TRY AGAIN
Launch Microsoft Flight Simulator and try again. If the problem persists check the additional troubleshooting steps you'll find in the following knowledge base articles:
- All versions - Stuck on a black loading screen
- All versions - Sim freezes or crashes before loading fully
- All versions - Long loading screens