If the download is stuck on a package such as "pc-fs-base-bigfiles-0.1.59.fspackage"
DISABLE WINDOWS AUTO-TUNING
- In the Windows search bar, type Command and look for ‘Command Prompt’
- In the menu select “Run as administrator”
- Enter: netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
- Press enter
- Reboot your computer
Some users reported that using Netlimiter and setting the download speed between 5 and 20 Mbps helped them bypass the looping issue.
WARNING: Do not set up a 5 or 20 Mbps "Data Bandwidth limit" within the game instead. If you do, you will limit ALL downloads.
Files and folders incorrectly flagged as Read-Only or Hidden cannot be changed or deleted. Make sure that you have the correct writing rights and that no community files have the wrong attributes.
LEFTOVER FILES AND CORRUPTED INSTALLATIONS
Leftover files from the community of official folders can prevent the installation of the packages. Manually delete leftover files or do a clean installation.
If a clean installation fail, get rid of outdated and corrupted files, run cleanmgr.exe and System File Checker
For detailed instructions, visit
Memory errors can cause issues with the installation process. To investigate possible issues with your system memory, please do the following:
- Close all applications on your computer
- In the "type here to search" bar, next to the Start menu type "Memory Diagnostic"
- Click on "Restart now and check for problems"
- Wait for the tool to finish running the diagnostic
Alternatively, you can use memory testing software such as https://www.memtest86.com/