You may need to uninstall and reinstall the Xbox app to troubleshoot some issues. We recommend following the checklist below when doing so.
1. GET THE LATEST WINDOWS 10|11 UPDATES
- Click on Start (the Windows icon in the bottom left-hand side corner of your screen)
- Select Settings
- Stay on Windows UpdateGo to Update & Security
- Click the Check for Updates button.
- Wait until the verification is done
For more information, visit Get the latest Windows update
2. GET UPDATES FOR APPS AND GAMES IN MICROSOFT STORE
- Open the Microsoft Store app.
- In the bottom left corner of the Microsoft Store, click on the library icon
- In the top left corner, click Get Updates then Update all and wait for the updates to install.
- Once the updates are installed, click on your profile icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- Under your email address, click on Sign out.
For more information, visit Get updates for apps and games in Microsoft Store
3. SYNCHRONIZE TIME SETTINGS
- Go to Start, then select Settings > Time & Language.
- Select Date & Time and toggle the “Set time automatically setting" and “Set time zone automatically” to ON.
- Click on Synchronize your clock to synchronize your system's clock with an Internet time server.
- Then click Region, double-check that your country or region is correctly set up (for example if you live in Canada, make sure that the region isn’t automatically set to the USA or vice-versa)
4. LOG OUT OF THE XBOX APP
- To see if the Xbox app is installed on your system, type "Xbox" in the search bar.
NOTE: If the Xbox app is not installed, skip this step.
- Select Xbox app then "Open" in the menu.
- Click on the icon in the right-hand side corner of the screen.
- In the drop-down menu, select Sign out.
5. LOG OUT OF THE XBOX COMPANION APP
- To see if the Xbox app is installed on your system, type "Companion" in the search bar.
NOTE: If the Xbox Console Companion app is not installed, skip this step.
- Click on Xbox Console Companion app then select "Open" in the menu.
- In the left menu, click on the cog icon to open Settings.
- Under “Account”, click on Sign out.
6. UNINSTALL THE XBOX APP & THE XBOX CONSOLE COMPANION APP
NOTE: If the Xbox app and the Xbox Console Companion app are not installed, skip this step.
- Click on the Windows icon in the bottom left corner of your screen, then select Settings.
- Click on Apps.
- In the “Search this list” field, type Xbox. A list of all the relevant apps will appear.
- In the list, click on Xbox then click on Uninstall.
- A pop-up will open. Click Uninstall again to confirm your choice.
- Next, click on Xbox console companion then click on Uninstall.
- Click Uninstall again to confirm your choice.
7. REBOOT THE COMPUTER
Do not skip this step, as it is to ensure all changes are correctly applied.
8. SIGN IN TO THE MICROSOFT STORE APP
- Open the Microsoft Store app.
- Click on the icon in the top right corner, then click on Sign in.
- Sign in with the Microsoft account you used to purchase Microsoft Flight Simulator.
For more information, see: How to open Microsoft Store on Windows
9. INSTALL THE XBOX APP
- Go to https://www.xbox.com/en-US/apps/xbox-app-for-windows-10
- Click on the Download the app button.
- Follow the installation process.
- Sign in with the email address used to purchase Microsoft Flight Simulator
If you have trouble installing the Xbox app, head to All about the Xbox app for Windows
10. LAUNCH MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR FROM THE XBOX APP
- Click on the Microsoft Flight Simulator icon in the left menu.
- Click on Play.