The message "Your bandwidth is too low for data streaming, you have been switched to offline mode" appears when the bandwidth is inferior to 5Mbps during the download or if it takes more than 3 seconds to load a tile during a flight.
ISSUE CAUSED BY 3RD PARTY CONTENT
1. Restore Bing Maps and undo any modification made to your host file.
To do so, read the add-on's documentation and follow the add-on creator's instructions.
2. Restore the sim to its vanilla state
Here are the 5 steps to quickly restore the sim to its original/vanilla state:
- Move or rename the community folder
- Uninstall freeware, payware and peripherals
- Delete the Content.xml file and .dat files
- Uninstall paid and free content from the marketplace
- Delete the rolling cache
For detailed step-by-step instructions, go to How to restore the sim to its vanilla state
IMPROVE YOUR BANDWIDTH
Streaming and downloading both tie up bandwidth and slow down your connection speed, which can cause problems with Microsoft Flight Simulator. This slowdown happens even if you are streaming or downloading on a different device than the one you are playing on. Stopping streams, and downloads, and turning off other devices connected to your modem or router can improve your Microsoft Flight Simulator connection a great deal.