There are several parameters you need to check when experiencing unwanted behavior in Microsoft Flight Simulator with one or several aircraft.
- Close Microsoft Flight Simulator
- Unplug any peripherals you do not need to use
- Launch Microsoft Flight Simulator
- Go to Options > General Options > Flight model
- Double-check that the Flight Model is set to "Modern" (Legacy flight model is only to be used with modded aircraft imported from FSX: SE)
- Go to Options > Controls Options
- For each peripheral plugged into the sim, toggle "Default" under your peripheral name
- Click "Apply & Save"
- Adjust the sensitivity curve of your devices in the "Sensitivity" menu.
- Finally, open "Assistance options" and customize the settings as per your convenience and skill.
If the issue stops while using the default keybinding it's likely that your instruments had a double mapping (e.g. on the joystick and on the rudder pedals for instance). To fix this issue quickly, simply rebuild a custom profile from the default mapping or use the default mapping.