Allocate more resources to the task. Close any unnecessary background applications and web pages, and disable any overlays (Steam, Discord, etc). Close the launcher, wait a few minutes, then try again.
|DELETE THE FOLDER|
- Close the sim
- Navigate to the Package installation folder
- Delete the folder of the package currently stuck
- Relaunch the sim and try again
|THE DOWNLOAD SEEMS STUCK ON "BIG FILES"|
If the download is stuck on a package such as "pc-fs-base-bigfiles-0.1.59.fspackage"
A) Disable Window Auto-tuning
- In the Windows search bar, type Command and look for ‘Command Prompt’
- In the menu select “Run as administrator”
- Enter: netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
- Press enter
- Reboot your computer
B) Use Netlimiter
Some users reported that using Netlimiter and setting the download speed between 5 and 20 Mbps helped them bypass the looping issue.
|THE DOWNLOAD IS STUCK ON SMALL FILES/PACKAGES|
If the download is Stuck on a particular aircraft or activity package such as "asobo_aircraft_b787_10_0.1.42.fspatch" or "asobo_bushtrip_nevada0.1.35fspatch" and you have community-created content, please do the following:
1. Close Microsoft Flight Simulator
2. Go to the Community folder. By default, this folder is installed at the following locations, depending on your platform:
Microsoft Store edition:
C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Community
Retail Disc Version:
3. Search any non-official content corresponding to the package that is stuck. For instance "b787" or "bushtrip"
4. Delete the corresponding non-official content
5. Reboot your computer
6. Relaunch the download
2. Click on Open Network and Sharing Center.
3. In the Network and Sharing Center window, click on Change adapter options.
4. You will then see a list of network adapters available on your computer.
5. Right-click on your active network adapter (Ethernet or Wi-Fi) and select Properties.
Note: If you’re connected to the internet wirelessly, the corresponding adapter should be “Wi-Fi“. However, if you’re connected to the internet via a LAN cable instead, the corresponding adapter should be “Ethernet“.
6. In the Properties window, scroll down until you see Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6).
7. Uncheck the Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) checkbox and click on OK to save the changes.
Now that IPv6 has been disabled on your computer, reboot your computer for the setting to take effect.
1. Bad RAM
Memory errors can cause issues with the installation process. To investigate possible issues with your system memory, please do the following:
- Close all applications on your computer
- In the "type here to search" bar, next to the Start menu type "Memory Diagnostic"
- Click on "Restart now and check for problems"
- Wait for the tool to finish running the diagnostic
Alternatively, you can use memory testing software such as https://www.memtest86.com/
2.The download paused because your primary, secondary, or external hard disk drive went to sleep
Make sure that your hard drive doesn't go into sleep mode, thus preventing the data to be written on the drive.