Packages installation and decompressing issues can be caused by software or hardware. The following troubleshooting steps are particularly useful if you're experiencing the following issues:
- Download "loops" on the same package
- The download stops
- Download speed drops too low
- All versions - Packages installation and decompressing issues - The download seems stuck on "big files"
- All versions - Packages installation and decompressing issues - The download is stuck on small files/packages
DELETE THE PACKAGES
- Close the sim
- Navigate to the Package installation folder
- Delete the packages currently stuck
- Reboot the computer
- Relaunch the sim and try again
CHECK YOUR ANTIVIRUS OR ANTI-MALWARE
Temporarily disable your security program(s) then try downloading the package(s) again.
- Sample of Virus & malware checkers that have been known to prevent Microsoft Flight Simulator from updating or launching:
- Trend Micro Maximum Security
- Comodo Antivirus
- Emisoft Anti-Malware
- Avast & Avast Cleanup
- Right-click on the “Network / Wi-Fi ” icon on the bottom right corner of your screen to open up the menu shown below.
- Click on Open Network and Sharing Center.
- In the Network and Sharing Center window, click on Change adapter options.
- You will then see a list of network adapters available on your computer.
- Right-click on your active network adapter (Ethernet or Wi-Fi) and select Properties.
- In the Properties window, scroll down until you see Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6).
Note: If you’re connected to the internet wirelessly, the corresponding adapter should be “Wi-Fi“. However, if you’re connected to the internet via a LAN cable instead, the corresponding adapter should be “Ethernet“.
- Uncheck the Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) checkbox and click on OK to save the changes.
Now that IPv6 has been disabled on your computer, reboot your computer for the setting to take effect.
Note: If you do not see a significant improvement, we recommend enabling IPv6.
CLOSE BACKGROUND TASKS
Allocate more resources to the task. Close any unnecessary background applications and web pages, and disable any overlays (Steam, Discord, etc). Close the launcher, wait a few minutes, then try again.
The download will pause when your primary, secondary, or external hard disk drive goes to sleep. Make sure that your hard drive doesn't go into sleep mode, thus preventing the data to be written on the drive.
Memory errors can cause issues with the installation process. To investigate possible issues with your system memory, please do the following:
- Close all applications on your computer
- In the "type here to search" bar, next to the Start menu type "Memory Diagnostic"
- Click on "Restart now and check for problems"
- Wait for the tool to finish running the diagnostic
Alternatively, you can use memory testing software such as https://www.memtest86.com/