Make sure to go through the "Loading issues - Checklist" before moving on to the solutions listed on this page.
XBOX LIVE OUTAGE
Intermittent connectivity issues with Xbox Live can cause this issue. To check Xbox Live Status, click here.
If you see any alerts, wait until the service is up and running and then try again.
DO YOU OWN THE GAME?
The game's license is linked to the email address and gamertag used to purchase Microsoft Flight Simulator. You must enable Family Sharing before being able to share your games & apps with family members on your device.
Each Microsoft Flight Simulator user needs to download the app on their own windows profile and log in to their own Microsoft account/gamertag. You'll find more information about app & games sharing here: Sharing Windows 10 Store Apps with your Family
Discover how to authorize shared computers and users here: Steam Family Sharing
INSTALL THE XBOX APP
On your Windows device, select Search on the taskbar, type Xbox, and then select it from the list. If the app isn’t installed, you can get it for free from the Microsoft Store.
To make sure your permissions for the game can be validated, be sure to sign in to both the Store and the Xbox app using the account that was used to purchase Microsoft Flight Simulator.
For help with signing in, go to Sign in to Xbox
REMOVE THE ACCOUNT USED BY THE APP
- Close Microsoft Flight Simulator
- Select the Start button > Settings > Email & Accounts,
- Under Accounts used by other apps, find the Microsoft account you used to sign in to the sim
- Select Remove.
- Launch Microsoft Flight Simulator and sign in with the Microsoft account you just removed to add it again.
REINSTALL GAMING SERVICES
Reinstall the Gaming Services app on your Windows 10/11 device:
- Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.
- In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:
get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers
- In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:
- Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.
- Restart your device and try to install the game again.