CHECK YOUR SYSTEM
The payment pop-up may not appear if any of the following conditions aren't met:
- Some Windows OS or Microsoft Store dependencies are missing or outdated
- The Microsoft Store is not installed on your system
- If you're not logged in to the Microsoft Store app & the Xbox app with your Microsoft account.
Before continuing, please go through our Basic Windows 10|11 troubleshooting then uninstall and reinstall the Xbox app.
CHECK YOUR ANTIVIRUS
Antivirus and malware checkers can close down or prevent the overlay from launching.
DO NOT RUN AS ADMIN
Do not launch the game via a shortcut on your desktop. Do not select "run as administrator"
Launch Flight Sim from the Microsoft Store or Xbox app Library instead.
- Open the Microsoft Store app or the Xbox app
- Go to Library
- Select Microsoft Flight Simulator
- Click Play
DISABLE PASSWORDLESS CHECK-OUT
1. Disable the setting "Purchase sign-in" in your Microsoft Store app settings
- Open the Microsoft Store app
- Make sure to log in with the account used to purchase/play Microsoft Flight Simulator
- Click on the icon in the top right corner that shows your initials or gamerpic
- Select App settings
- Toggle "Purchase sign-in and re-enter your password" OFF
2. Disable the setting "I want to buy without a password, for faster checkout" in your Xbox app settings
- Launch the Xbox app
- Click on your account name in the top left corner of the screen
- Go to Settings > Accounts
- Toggle "I want to buy without a password, for faster checkout." OFF
WINDOWS 10 USER PROFILE (PC)
If you're using a local (offline) account we recommend switching to a Microsoft account instead.
- Open Settings.
- Click on Accounts.
- Click on Your info.
- Click Sign in with a Microsoft account instead option to link the account with a Microsoft account.
- Log in with the email address you used to purchase Microsoft Flight Simulator
There is no license sharing on Microsoft Flight Simulator. Each user needs to download the app on their own windows profile and log in to their own Microsoft account|gamertag. Failure to do so can result in authentication issues/crashing issues or missing entitlements.
If you have more than one Microsoft account and/or you purchased Microsoft Flight Simulator with a different address than your main Windows 10 account, we recommend adding a Windows 10 user profile for the account used to purchase the game.
To add or remove Windows 10 user profile on your PC, follow the steps detailed in this article:
RESET THE MICROSOFT STORE
- On your keyboard, press the “Win Logo” + “R” keys
- Type: WSReset.exe and press “Enter”
- A black window will pop up
- Wait until the pop up disappears and the Store comes up
- Reboot your computer
ENABLE USER ACCOUNT CONTROL ON YOUR SYSTEM
- Go to Start and open Control Panel.
- Open Security and Maintenance > Change User Account Control settings.
- On the Choose when to be notified about changes to your computer page, move the slider to one of the top two notches closest to Always notify.